Thursday, March 20, 2008

From Frumpy Tuesday to Feelin' Sassy Thursday

It doesn't take much to make me happy...


Tuesday I was having a really frump-tastic day. I did not like what I was wearing, I didn't do anything to my hair that morning, and I just had a general case of the Blahs. Not even Yoga class cheered me up!


Today I feel quite the opposite. Maybe it's because:


1. When I got home Tuesday night this delightful little surprise was waiting for me...a card...from my big sister...


And it contained this notepad (she said that it screamed my name)...

Not only were these hilarious, totally me, and their arrival perfectly timed, but I love getting real mail--not bills, or ads, or credit card offers--real live mail.

2. Maybe it's because yesterday I had a 15-minute massage in the morning (compliments of my employer), and went to the tanning salon during lunch (I paid for that myself, but it was 50% off during lunch-time)

3. Maybe it's because I got one of the best compliments ever when I went out to pick up lunch today. I was at Subway and the young woman in line behind me said she loved my outfit and that it looked like something you'd see on What Not to Wear after the person is finished being made over. I couldn't believe it. It made me feel SO good. Stacey and Clinton would be proud.



5 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

lawdy, I would have taken that lady home with me!

I know those frump days all too well...

you are fabulous though!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Definitely a Fan-TAS-tic compliment!

Preds Girl said...

Oh how sweet!

Stephanie said...

I love the notepad that your sister sent you. It is awesome and very truthful.. do you think the lady form subway would be willing to come and walk around work and give us all compliments? We could take a donation and pay her. :)

Reagan said...

I am glad you feel better. Tanning always makes me feel sunnier...sigh...and they would totally be proud of you, you always look adorable.