Monday, March 10, 2008

Life is a Classroom




Life is a giant classroom and these are some things I've learned recently:


  1. I have learned what "survivor's remorse" feels like


  2. Being a grown-up is not as much fun as you thought it would be when you were a kid (only sometimes it is)


  3. I think Hockey is still fun to watch even if my team loses miserably


  4. I love Sweet Awesome Wednesday and I am really grateful to be included in it


  5. I stink at playing the drums on Rock Band (even on the easiest setting)


  6. I do okay at playing bass guitar on Rock Band (if it's on the easy setting)


  7. I totally kick butt at lead singer on Rock Band (as long as I'm familiar with the song)


  8. I have wonderful relatives nearby for whom I am truly grateful


  9. There is almost nothing more touching than to hear a friend pray for you by name--especially when need prayers


  10. I do not deal well with large amounts of stress or change (okay, I already knew that, but unfortunately I've had a couple of downright unpleasant days to remind me of it)


  11. I have great friends who care enough to bring me flowers and my favorite carbonated beverage to cheer me up at 10:30 at night after they've worked all day themselves--for whom I am also very grateful


  12. Somehow my little sister always knows just when to call


  13. My siblings--especially my youngest brother--are always good for a laugh


  14. I need to remember that the Lord has always taken care of me in the past and trust that He will continue to do so now and in the future

5 comments:

Preds Girl said...

Thanks for posting the things you have learned...although I am sure this isn't a complete list. :-) I appreciate the funny things and the thoughtful things amid the harder things...I think you have outlined very well what being a grown-up is like...we take the bad with the good and the good always prevails because Someone is watching out for us, as you so eloquently stated in #14.

Stephanie said...

I love how you said that the lord has taken care of you. That is truly a blessing to have faith in that. My favorite hymn is Be still my soul, in it there is a line that says the lord will direct thy future as he has thy past. For some reason it always brings me comfort. Because I know he is in charge of everything. WOW look at me ramble.

Being a grown up makes me tired, but it sure it worth it.

Love ya mucho!!!

Reagan said...

I love hockey as well, there is something about grown men hitting each other up against a wall and starting fights that really makes me love hockey. I hate being a grownup sometimes...sometimes I tell you what. but c'est la vie! vrai?

Preds Girl said...

YAY!!! I love the photos you added! I sure do love that game we call hockey!

Unknown said...

I don't know why...but number 11 just get's to me.... :)