Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bite the Bullet

Alright, so, I'm finally biting the bullet--well, 2 bullets actually:

  • Bullet #1: Joining the blog-force

  • Bullet #2: Succumbing to the woolly-boots-that-look-like-slippers fad

The fact that you're reading this is example enough of #1--take a look at the picture below if you don't know what I'm talking about in #2 (but if you've been at all concious any time during the past few years you should have no problem whatsoever visualising this particular style of footwear).

I never wanted a pair of these because, to be honest, I don't think they're particularly attractive and I don't like to wear shoes that make my feet look fat (this is one reason for my aversion to tennis shoes). However, my dad gave a pair of Emu boots to my sister and I for Christmas. I had been keeping them tucked safely away in their not-so-little box with the intention of returning or exchanging them because I just wasn't quite cinvinced that they were the shoes for me. But I finally busted them out and wore them to work on Friday because:


1. I am too lazy to drive down to the sporting goods store that carries them

2. Wearing Emus to work is the closest I can get to going to work in my pj's


And, friends, I must admit, these not-so-attractive-yet-insanely-popular boots have won me over with their slipper-like comfort and their warm snuggliness. So much so, that I wore them all night at home until I got ready for bed Friday night (I never wear shoes in the house!), and all day Saturday--even with my skirt when I went to the Leadership Training broadcast Saturday night. Now that's Shoe Love.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think feet look fat, ever! m

Stefanie Raynes said...

LOVE those shoes, and LOVE the blog!

Preds Girl said...

YAY!!! You're a blogger!

Yeah, I haven't ever understood that fad...but, I haven't ever tried them.

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Great 1st post! I'm still in the first stages of wariness toward the Ugg appeal. Especially since I crave height. This leads me to your title "Short Stack." I'll be giggling every time I read it...at least for the first few weeks. It's clever!

Kalli Ko said...

Hello Rebecca!!

so glad you came over to the dark side.

And uggs changed my life. I know their ugly. But Oh well.

Preds Girl said...

I know I already made a comment...but I had a thought as I read the comment from "kalli ko" about uggs being ugly. Maybe that's why they are called uggs...ugggly. LOL. But I hear from the girls I work with that they are super comfortable.

reagan: said...

UGGS...a beautiful thing...you will LOVE them Says I. And thank you for conforming...Kalli and Steph made me too, but this blog thing is alright! I even have 2 of them.