Monday, June 2, 2008

MIA no more

So I know I've been MIA from the blog scene for a while and I apologize to all of you who expectantly visit here hoping for some new and wonderful post from your's truly. I am back now and I vow to do better at upholding the blogger values and performing my blogger duties i.e. blogging about my day-to-day thoughts and experiences regularly.

The past several weeks have been pretty eventful--erego the lack of time to blog. Last Monday was my birthday--I happened to be home for a visit during the weekend so we celebrated a little early. Boy did I get a great birthday haul! Feast your eyes on these awesome gifts:
For my Private Stock, a box of cereal (I don't know why it's Fiber One), a new crepe pan (excellent!) and the piece de resistance...a pink Hello Kitty Eiffel Tower-shaped toothbrush holder (I don't know where my dad finds these things (we actually call them Dad Gifts), but let's say birthdays are always interesting at the Geurts house because of them--we just never know what Dad will find next).

...and then, Friday night I got one of the best things anyone's ever given me...drumroll please...or maybe violins would be more appropriate...















...ooh! Sparkly! Isn't it pretty?! So, yes I am now engaged. And, no, we haven't set a date yet, but it will be sometime in the fall. We're just taking it slow for now and enjoying the engagement...plus we have to get Scott moved here from Texas on top of the planning so...one thing at a time. But it is pretty exciting isn't it? Pictures are forthcoming. I promise.

6 comments:

Kalli Ko said...

so happy for you Rebecca, congratulations and happy late birthday!

beautiful rock!

Preds Girl said...

YAY!! It IS so exciting and sparkly!

I look forward to reading more posts from you and seeing those promised pictures!

reagan: said...

WHAT! YAY!!!! I am so happy for you! I WANT TO SEE IT.

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

Holy Cow--a NEW post--but it was worth waiting for with how much that's happened!

Yeah!

Preds Girl said...

OK, so I see that you've changed your page twice since your last blog entry...

When do we get to hear more details and see more pictures? LOL.

candace said...

Hey Becca! I found your blog link from facebook. Gorgeous ring!!!! :)